No-Churn S’mores Ice Cream
In the peak of summer, there’s a treat everyone’s reaching for: ice cream. Once the cooler summer nights begin to settle in, s’mores over an outdoor firepit start calling our names. What better way to enjoy a delicious cool treat than to combine these two summertime classics into one with s’mores ice cream!
No-churn ice cream is easier than you might think. Skip the egg yolks and ice cream maker—homemade vanilla ice cream is just a few ingredients and simple steps away. The great thing about this recipe is that you can swap the mix-ins to create nearly any flavor. Go ahead, dream big!
If you can turn heavy cream into whipped cream, then you can make this ice cream recipe. Its base consists of just heavy cream, condensed milk, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. We skip the chocolate bar and create a chocolate syrup that emulates melty chocolate you’d find sandwiched between graham crackers and fire-roasted marshmallows.
More than S’mores
Mix it up—literally—with different variations of ice cream mix-ins. Once you’ve mastered this super easy ice cream recipe, try a few of these add-ins to create endless ice cream varieties:
- Fruit preserves
- Day-old baked goods
- Fresh pineapple, coconut flakes, and nutmeg
- Crushed chocolate-covered espresso beans
- Peanut butter, dark chocolate chunks, and sliced banana
- Balsamic-soaked strawberries
- Your favorite “treat” cereal
Serve it your way
The easiest, most obvious way to enjoy this s’mores ice cream is by the scoop. But, why not get a little more creative? Try serving your ice cream one of these few ways!
- Over freshly baked brownies
- Affogato-style over coffee or espresso
- Pour a shot of bourbon over a scoop
- Sandwiched between two soft-baked cookies
Enough waiting, start making your s’mores ice cream!
Heavy whipping cream and condensed milk transform into ice cream without any churning or ice cream machines. Add a few staple mix-ins to turn this treat into a cool s’mores delight.
2 cups cold heavy cream
14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
5-ounce can evaporated milk
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups mini marshmallows
6 graham crackers
- Place heavy cream carton in a bowl and let chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Set aside half of sweetened condensed milk for mix-ins.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, evaporated milk, and salt.
- Take heavy cream and bowl out of the freezer. Using a hand mixer, whip until peaks just begin to form.
- Gently fold together half of the whipped cream with the condensed milk mixture. Once combined, fold together the remaining half whipped cream.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in whipped cream mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a deep freezer or back of freezer for 2 hours.
- Just before removing from the freezer, prepare your mix-in ingredients. In a small mixing bowl combine the remaining half of the condensed milk with the cocoa powder. Gently whisk together condensed milk and cocoa powder until completely incorporated. In a separate bowl, crumble graham crackers into small pieces.
- Place marshmallows on a parchment-lined sheet pan and broil until they begin to slightly brown and melt, about 2 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer and sprinkle in graham cracker crumble. Gently stir with a spoon. Drizzle in the chocolate condensed milk and gently swirl again. Add the browned marshmallows and quickly stir in, as they will begin to firm up once mixed in.
- Cover with plastic wrap and continue to chill for an additional 3-4 hours. Remove from freezer when ready to serve and enjoy!
Keywords: ice cream, s’mores, s’mores ice cream, no churn ice cream, dessert, summer dessert