Pumpkin Pie Loaf
Ah, the aroma of fall has arrived. This easy pumpkin pie loaf is ready with boxed cake mix and a few extra add-ins. It’s light and dense at the same time, with a hint of whipped cream in each bite!
Just Add Cake Mix
Standard classic cake mix requires egg, milk, and butter or oil. For this pumpkin pie loaf, you’ll just need a few extra ingredients:
- Sour cream
- Canned pumpkin
- Pumpkin pie spice
Half of the butter is substituted with sour cream. This gives it not only added moisture but a bit of creaminess that tastes like whipped cream in each bite. If your cake mix calls for water instead of water, just follow its instructions. However, be sure to omit half of the butter or oil.
Tips & Tricks
It’s a classic “combine the wet and dry ingredients” kind of loaf. But with this recipe, your cake mix is the only dry ingredient. Plan ahead to make sure all wet ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Bring the sour cream to room temperature
- Melt the butter
- Stir in the pumpkin spice with the cake mix
Rotating the loaf pan throughout the baking process always helps. I like to rotate it every 15 minutes and use the convection setting.
Secret ingredient sour cream gives this pumpkin loaf a bit of creaminess that tastes just like pumpkin pie!
Classic cake mix
4 tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup milk or alternative
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup pumpkin purée
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350º F using the convection setting.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, melted butter, milk, sour cream, and pumpkin pureé and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Whisk together pumpkin pie spice with cake mix .
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients.
- Fold together without over mixing.
- Degrease a loaf pan with non-stick spray. Pour in batter.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, rotating every 15 minutes. Test the loaf by inserting a toothpick or skewer. When the stick comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Let cool, sliced, and serve!
Keywords: pumpkin loaf, pumpkin spice, pumpkin season, pumpkin pie