A pumpkin and chocolate chip treat that’s flat like a cookie, but moist and fluffy like a muffin.
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp finely ground kosher salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ cup softened unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy and smooth.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla and continue to beat until smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, continuing to mix with a stand or hand mixer.
- Fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula until they are evenly distributed.
- Using two spoons or an ice cream scooper, spoon about 3 tablespoons of batter (about ¾ of an ice cream scoop) onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let rest for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in an air-tight container.
For a more cookie-like texture, replace ½ cup of pumpkin with ¼ cup of butter.
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin cookie, pumpkin spice, pumpkin chocolate chip, muffin, fall spice, cookie