- 1 loaf sourdough bread (22 oz), about 8 cups
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup yogurt
- ½ cup whole milk or dairy-free substitute
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Maple syrup
*Optional confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Slice French bread into one-inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, and milk until smooth.
- Melt the butter and slowly pour into the wet ingredients while continuing to whisk.
- Stir in vanilla, sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Pour half of the wet ingredients over French bread cubes and gently toss together. Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients.
- Gently fold in berries, ensuring that they’re evenly distributed.
- Degrease muffin tin using non-stick spray.
- Using a ½ cup measuring cup, scoop the French toast mixture into each well of the muffin tin, gently packing it in using the back of the measuring cup. You may have extra French toast mix, in which case you can use a second muffin tin and bake alongside the first tin.
- Bake uncovered for 18 minutes.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Using a spoon, slide the French toast bites out of the muffin tin.
- Dust with confectioners sugar and drizzle with maple syrup. Or, enjoy on-the-go as-is.