Add this healthy habit to your day by turning milk into probiotic-rich kefir.
1 cup organic, whole milk
1 tbsp active kefir grains*
- In a clean glass jar, add 1 tbsp of live and active kefir grains.
- Add milk and gently stir.
- Lightly cover the jar with a lid (don’t tighten it close) or a paper towel and rubber band.
- Let sit at room temperature away from direct sunlight for 24-48 hours.
- Check the top of the milk every 12 hours and strain using a mesh strainer once firm.
- Use the remaining kefir grains and repeat.
If purchasing kefir grains online, you’ll need to follow directions to “wake them up.”