Delicious, slightly sweet biscuits ready in just 25 minutes!
2 cups self-rising flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 475º F.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and cream in a medium mixing bowl until it becomes one solid form.
- On a lightly floured surface, begin kneading the dough while continuing to fold it in half and knead it back out. Repeat 5 times. Roll out dough to accommodate 8 biscuits (about 1/2 inch thick).
- Using the lid of a wide-mouth mason jar or biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and place on a degreased or parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once golden brown, remove the biscuits from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Serve immediately or let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Seal in a freezer bag and freeze them for up to 6 months.
Substitute self-rising flour with 2 cups all-purpose flour, 3 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp finely ground salt.