Easy to make caramel apple biscuits use pre-made biscuit dough for quick assembly, baking, and enjoyment!
1 can biscuit dough
3 Granny Smith apples
1 tbsp + 1 tsp lemon juice
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Rinse off apples and slice into quarters. Remove the seeds and core.
- In a mixing bowl, toss apples together with 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Dice apples into small cubes and return to mixing bowl. Add remaining lemon juice and toss together.
- Add sugar, spices, and salt to apples and mix together. Set aside.
- Remove biscuit dough from the refrigerator and separate.
- On a secure surface, sprinkle sugar over biscuits and roll out to twice their size.
- Cut parchment paper into squares and place between biscuits, stacking them on top of each other.
- Strain apples from the residual liquid and reserve in a small bowl.
- Add melted butter to the apples and spices and combine well.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and begin assembling the biscuits.
- Spoon apple mixture into the center of biscuit dough. Drizzle 1 tsp of liquid over the top of apples.
- Pinch biscuits closed and flip over. Arrange on sheet pan 2 inches apart.
- Brush remaining liquid from apples over the top of the biscuits.
- Bake 14-16 minutes, or until tops of biscuits are golden brown and baked through.
- Let cool and top with caramel sauce and chopped pecans.